- We are a women frame drumming band. We also play other world instruments
- We are learning frame drumming in the style of the late Layne Redmond and follow her teaching of frame drumming as a spiritual path that connects us to the Sacred Feminine
- We play instrumental pieces based on rhythms composed by Layne
- We sing traditional songs from across the world
- We are available for hire for community and music events, celebrations and rituals
Incidentals recently performed at Alternatiba Todmorden 2015, a festival of climate solutions, at Women in Calderdale’s fundraiser and led Welcome Spring event in Fielden Centre, Todmorden. Read the article in Todmorden News here.
Oxana was born in the USSR and moved to the UK in 2002 to do PhD in Government. She now lives in Todmorden, and works as a freelance content writer and a translator.
Her poems and flash fiction appeared in poetry anthologies by Forward Poetry, magazines Orbis, Weyfarers and South, and have been accepted by The Seventh Quarry. A collection of short stories Daughters Across Borders, to which Oxana contributed, was published by Indigo Dreams in June 2014.
Oxana facilitates Todmorden Frame Drum Group and its performing arm Incidentals.
Sarah is the owner of Olive Dog Pet Photography. She is:
Member of The Royal Photographic Society
Member of The National Photographic Society
City & Guilds in Photography
MA in Art Psychotherapy Practice
BSc (Hons) Product Design
Foundation Studies in Art & Design